In this tutorial I am going to show you how to root Samsung Galaxy S Duos. I am not the owner of the Rooting Files, it was appeared on XDA first, so thanks to them for providing the files and method of rooting. Before you start you need to know this: This method will not work with your phone if you have installed the recent firmware update provided by Samsung few weeks back. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Let’s get our required files first:
- Download the Galaxy S Duos Rooting Kit – Click Here
- Download CWM – Click Here
- Download Samsung USB Drivers – Click Here
Once you downloaded those files, unzip them and first install the USB driver. If you have Samsung Kies latest version installed then you can skip installing USB Drivers. Once you have installed USB drivers you can go ahead with the rooting process. It’s divided into 2 major steps, step 1 to install CWM and then in step 2 to root the device.
- Unzip ODIN.ZIP from Galaxy_S_Duos_Rooting_Kit_iPankaj.Net directory and open ODIN.
- Make sure you have 80% or more charge remaining. Turn off your mobile and start in downloading mode. To do so, press and hold VOLUME DOWN + HOME BUTTON and then turn on the mobile. It will show you an warning. Press VOLUME UP to skip that.
- Now attach phone to your PC’s or LAPTOP’s USB port.
- In ODIN tick on these options
- Auto Reboot
- Reset Time
Once ODIN completes the flashing, your phone will boot normally. Now unzip the CWM_For_S_Duos.ZIP and place any one of the files within your SD Card. Now boot into recovery mode and backup your ROM first. To boot in recovery mode you need to press VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + HOME BUTTON and then to turn on the phone. It will take time, make sure you have 500~700 MB free space on your SD Card. Once done, now move to “Apply Update From SD Card” option and select the CWM Zip file. It will be installed quickly and it will give you the power of Super User in you Galaxy S Duos.